Rug pads help extend the life of a rug by supporting the fibers with cushioning, this helps prevent wear patterns. Some other reasons for a good rug pad are to keep its shape and prevent a tripping hazard. We recommend pads according to the flooring type, size and rug construction. Below are the types of pads that we carry and our recommendations. If you would like us to help you decide on the right pad please give us a call (650) 343-0929 and we can help you make the right choice.
Dura-hold pad is perfect for wood, tile & hard surfaces. It is used on rugs that are typically 4 x 6 and larger. It can be used on smaller rugs and runners depending on the construction.
- THE PADDING:
Needle-punched Synthetic fiber construction this prevents decomposition and shredding, minimizing mildew and odors even if damp.
- VERSATILITY: This pad protects any oriental or other area rug laid over any hard surface floor – wood, tile, stone, brick, terrazzo, laminate, etc.- including highly waxed and polished surfaces.
- HYPOALLERGENIC: 100% synthetic, chemically inert padding contains NO plant or animal fibers to decompose, outgas, or aggravate allergies.
- THE SURFACE: Thermal-set ridges on the upper surface, in an exclusive pattern of chevrons, running in multiple directions, enables the pad to grip the rug more effectively and prevents lateral motion in ANY direction.
- THE BACKING: Superior natural latex rubber formulation in a new, exclusive hexagonal “tire tread” pattern, plus more real rubber in actual contact with any bare floor, no matter how slippery, and provides the highest degree of non-slip traction
Double grip is perfect for wood, tile & hard surfaces Used on rugs that are typically for runners rugs that are 4 x 6 and smaller. It can be used on larger rugs depending on the construction and purpose. It is great if you have issues with door clearance or problems on wall to wall carpet.
- – Double Grip is a low profile, high performance needle punch rubber backed non-slip rug pad with maximum gripping power. It works with both rugs on hard-surfaces and rugs on wall to wall carpet.
- – Double Grip is an economical solution without compromising quality and perfect for applications that do not require extra cushion. It is designed for use under rugs of any kind and helps prevent slipping and rugs from getting ripples.